It originates in a group of members of a religious order who gathered round a hermit woman from Tordesillas whose name was Isabel García, nicknamed as "the confined". They are given a plot near San Juan Church so that the convent was built during John II reign.
The convent belonged to the Order of St John the Baptist from Jerusalem, but its congregation was decreasing gradually until 1945 when it reappears thanks to carmelite sisters' arrival. At that moment it changed into Christ King Carmelite Convent.
The community does computing and painting craft works such as watercolour illustrations for baptism and communion cards as well as prints to frame.